My name is Melissa Perlman and I am a runner. I’ve been running since 1996 at various levels (high school, college, road races and international) and in those two-plus decades have experienced many of the same ups and downs that you may have felt in your own running life.
Today, I am enjoying the knowledge of a 24-plus year career; the success of consistent running, lifting and training; combined with the maturity and joy of someone in their mid-30s feeling pretty darn good!
Join me on this journey as a share lessons learned and taught, roads traveled and “run” on, and more.
My goal for this running blog is to share information, inspiration, running tips, and motivation to those runners starting out and/or those hoping to return to their glory days! Oh…and I also look forward to sharing some of my favorite running adventure photos. I hope you enjoy!
Running & Coaching Resume
- Spanish River High School Asst. Coach – Girls and Boys Cross Country and Track (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Brown University Cross Country, Indoor Track and Outdoor Track Athlete (2000-2002)
- Individual State of FL High School Champion in 1600 and 3200 meter races (1999); High School State of FL Championship Cross Country team (1996 and 1999)
- Maccabi Games (Jewish Olympics) athlete (1997, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019), 9x medal winner, Chairman (2019, 2021)
- Personal Records: 800m (2:17), 1600m (5:07), 3200m (11:02), 3-mile cross country (18:03), half-marathon (1:22:56), marathon (2:49:24)
- Ambassador: Fleet Feet Delray Beach, Previnex