Twenty years after my first trip to Israel with team USA as part of the World Maccabiah Games, I am heading back during the Summer of 2017. Its the 20th Games and its 20 years since my first foray into Maccabi. I have been to numerous games since, including the 2013 Maccabi Games and the 2015 European Games, but I am super excited to go back to where it all got started!
Join me on my journey back as I blog my training plan, fundraising journey, and excitement right here. Only 150 days to go!
I will be representing the Women’s Open Half Marathon Team and will compete in mid-July in Jerusalem, Israel. Feel free to ask questions, leave comments, and join me as I prepare!
More about me and my last Maccabi experience in Berlin, Germany: http://forward.com/news/318584/representing-jews-at-the-maccabi-games-in-berlin/
Thanks so much!
It’s the third year of Run Republic Running Camp and I can’t wait! If you are a high school student, a runner, and like to travel, this is the trip made just for you! We run, we hike, we kayak, we see the amazing beauty of the United States, and we have a lot of fun! Learn more and join me and my crew on one of two amazing planned Summer 2017 trips.
2017 Summer Trips have been announced and include:
- California Adventure (June 9-16, 2017): Bike across the Golden Gate Bridge, Visit Alcatraz, White Water Rafting, Kayak Lake Tahoe, Hike Yosemite Park, and Explore Monterey and Silicon Valley.
- Carolina Trails (August 1-8, 2017):Segway tour of the City of Atlanta, Explore Stone Mountain, White Water Rafting and Zip Lining, Hike through DuPont Forest to Waterfalls, and Explore French-inspired Biltmore Estate.
Past Run Republic Running Camp trips have included the following destinations:
- Colorado and Utah (Summer 2015): Snowshoeing in Loveland Pass, UT; Water rafting in Glenwood Springs, CO; Hiking Zion and Arches National Parks; and Frisbee and Zip Lining in Park City, UT.
- Nevada, Colorado and Utah (Summer 2016):
- Oregon, Washington (Summer 2016): Track Olympic Trials in Eugene, OR and Weekend in Seattle, WA and along the Northwest Pacific Coast.
About Run Republic Running Camp
Run Republic Running Camp was created by two current high school cross country and track coaches with the goal of merging the typical college-campus based summer running camp with the modern, mobile and exciting teen tour. At the core of Run Republic is running. But beyond that, it offers participants mentorship, training, travel, adventure, friendship, education, fun and excitement. The Run Republic mission is to create memories, experiences and bonds that go beyond running and will last a lifetime!
Learn more about Run Republic Running Camp at www.runrepubliccamp.com. Follow Run Republic Running Camp on Facebook and on Instagram.